At Hopeville Specialist Hospital, we, at the initial stage of wound debridement, rigidly fix bone fragments in contrast to the general practice of healing wounds first before treating fractures.
Ilizarov distraction-compression technique gives accurate fracture fixation without open surgery.
- No damage to soft tissues and bone
- No metal implant inserted at fracture site
- No need for second operation for implant removal
- No blood loss
- It can be applied under local anesthesia and used for every limb segment and for all age groups.
- It allows ambulation with full weight bearing in the immediate post-operative period.
- No associated wounds, bone infection or bone loss common with open reduction.
- Guarantees bone union in the least possible time.